Magento 2 comes with lots of advanced features. But most of the Magento 2 websites are slow. If you want to speed up Magento 2 website then follow these steps to get faster speed:-
1. Run Magento 2 on product mode which is the faster mode among (default, developer, production).
2. Enable Full page cache and Varnish.
3. Merge and minify CSS/JS/HTML
4. Third party extensions can also slow the Magento 2 website. You need to check each extension one by one by disabling it from backend and then benchmark the speed. If anyone extension is causing the slower speed then you need to contact the provider or uninstall that particular extension.
5. Choose an optimized hosting plan. To check the performance of your current server, install a fresh Magento 2 on the same server and compare the speed of fresh Magento 2 with your live website. If the fresh Magento 2 is also slower as your live site then obviously you need to upgrade your hosting.
6. Optimize images on the website by compressing them or using the exact size which is needed to show on the frontend.
7. Use of Content Delivery network can also increase the speed of your Magento 2 website.
8. If you have a large number of products on the website then enable FLat catalog for categories and products.
9. Clean log tables from the database regularly. It can decrease your database size and which helps in speed up the website. You can enable inbuilt log cleaning feature from backend to run at a particular time regularly.
10. Always update your Magento 2 website to latest stable version.
If you will follow all above-mentioned steps then it will definitely speed up Magento 2 website which can help to boost sales on your website.